Sunday 16 February 2014

The UFO pile has nearly disappeared, the sun is shining (finally) and it's half term at last. Another good opportunity to finish off some crafty bits and pieces.
Firstly the bead merchant frills bracelet, one of my sales purchases, is finished and looks great. I love the combination of colours.




The second UFO which is underway is the lovely valentines bracelet, again from the bead merchant. I'm making it a little bit at a time and hope to have it complete by the end of the half term holiday. It is available in several colours and I selected the hyacinth combination. Although, on the website, the colours appeared to be blue and white on arrival there were some green beads in the kit too. I decided to replace these with some white ones and some alternative blue ones and I think that it looks great. I can't wait to finish it so I can wear it! 




There is one project that is proving a challenge and is therefore still in the finishing off box. I purchased a chain maille pendant kit from beadsisters and I'm really struggling with it. Luckily their customer service is amazing and they are doing their best to help me with my New Years resolution and get it finished! They even provide step by step instructions via email for people that can't follow the written ones which, by the way, are very comprehensive. I think I just have a mental block when it comes to putting lots of little metal rings together!


Finally, I've discovered some patterns in a drawer which I had forgotten about. They're from G J Beads and I recalled buying the bits to make them. Have had a rummage in my stash I found some crystal rivolis that I brought in New York last year and, even though they weren't quite the right size, I think they worked out quite well. I had to make a few pattern adjustments along the way but I think it's going to look great when it's finished. 




So, UFOs to complete this week are the valentines kit, the Caris bracelet and, hopefully, some more of the chain maille pendant. I am also hoping to have a sort out of my other craft bits and pieces so no doubt there will be more UFOs to add on to my list before the week is out. 





No comments:

Post a Comment