Saturday 25 January 2014

What a busy few days! Lots of UFOs completed so I'm feeling rather pleased with myself. Unfortunately I got wind of the end of the Bead Merchant sale (which is this week) and succumbed, yet again, to a few last minute bargains. More about that next time but first (drum roll please) the pictures of projects which I have completed since last time.
Firstly the lovely Optica bracelet from Spellbound beads. The bracelet itself was really easy to do as it's made in bits and then put together. Having made component type bracelets before I put it together as I went which, although a bit fiddly, meant I could work out which colour combinations to use next. It also resulted in a successfully completed project as I would have put all of the bits back in my box and added to the UFOs!





Having had a good sort out over the Christmas holidays I discovered numerous kits in various states of completion including two tassels from a class I attended and a bead merchant angel with only one wing. I am pleased to say that they are now in my 'completed projects' box!





Having finished so many UFOs I decided to break open the Alston cuff kit that I brought after Christmas in the sales. It was a lovely pattern to make and started off with a foundation row of right angle weave - the first stitch I ever learnt! 



The thing I love about making bracelets is, having small wrists, they don't take long to make! This took about two days and I think it's gorgeous! I have the kit to make a matching necklace too and I'm already looking forward to making that. I might even start it tomorrow!




This week, apart from the cuff, there are three other 'non-ufo' items that I have finished. The first was two lovely brooches from the bead shop Manchester which were a complete bargain at £2.50 each. Both include Swarovski crystals to give them a real sparkle!



Finally I revamped an old photo frame using Decopatch paper. As you can see from the photos the back of the frame is still a dark brown, but the paper on the front has lightened it and made it look better with the other frames on the wall which are light wood. It took two or three layers of paper to stop the dark colour showing thorough but I am satisfied with the results. 




Looking back over the past few days it's incredible to see how many things have been finished and I am finding it very satisfying. As the end of January approaches I am looking forward to counting up how many UFOs are left and finding some more things to add to my list. Hopefully the star beads I've ordered have arrived and I will have another picture to add! 'Til then I am not buying any more kits (unless they are in the sale) or any more beads (unless artisan, critical to UFO completion or in the sale. Wish me luck!




No comments:

Post a Comment