Monday 13 January 2014

UFOs completed this week (and one not on the list ...)

Well, over the weekend,  progress on the UFOs has been good. Two have been completed! One of them (the Christmas decoration) has been in my box for a good few years. It's a lovely kit from Pandorian which is made around a metal bangle. The tree itself is made using peyote stitch and then there are a few little embellishments to make to add on around the bangle. I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly the tree grew - from nothing to a whole tree in not much longer than an episode of Sherlock (although I have lots of experience of peyote. I suspect if you are a newbie it may take longer!) 




The second project to be completed was a ring kit from Beads Direct. I have had this in my stash for so long they no longer sell the kit! When I got it out the instructions had disappeared but, as Beads Direct have such amazing customer service, a set soon appeared in my inbox. These were really easy to make and took no time at all. A bit of elastic, some silver beads, a few of my favourite Swarovski elements bicones and the job's done. 



The 'non-UFO' item on the list is an update to a photo frame. The item in question is completely the wrong colour to go with the other picture frames on the wall and is undergoing an update (photo to follow). I am using some decopatch paper but, although it has had one layer, it will need at least another one before it is finished and back on the wall. Fingers crossed it will be completed by the end of the week and back in its rightful place.

Finally a bit of an update on a project from a class at Beautiful things in Brentwood. Before Christmas I booked myself onto both the crochet owl hat class (see the banner at the top of my page) and a class to make a button bracelet. 
I arrived with my particularly unattractive bangle from the charity shop and left with a beautiful bangle, which I can't wait to wear. 



 At some point in the year I will, no doubt, make some more of these as they are easy to do, make a change from beading and, at 50p for the bangle to start with, very cost effective. In the meantime I will continue with my UFO's. I am hoping they don't take too long as my sale bargains from the Bead Merchant arrived on Thursday and the urge to start another project is getting bigger ....
I will resist, otherwise I will have yet another UFO in my box!!!

1 comment:

  1. Your doing well Julia, don't be tempted to touch that sale stash. Make it you final reward for clearing those UFO's

    ReplyDelete